Saturday, September 12, 2009

Appointment

Today at 12w6d I had an appointment where I did my first set of bloodwork for screening, I guess its called AFP. I go back in a month for the second round and then a week after that is my sex determing ultrasound. YAY!
So I heard the heartbeat today, which was wonderful to hear. I had no idea what to expect, I was hoping they were going to do something since I had been seen a month ago and just saw the flicker of the heartbeat. It was a pretty amazing sound, I wish Tim had heard been there to hear it. I told him he didn't have to go to all of them, so he will just be going to U/S appts and when I am a lot closer... or if he just feels like going. I think I only have gained a few pounds since my first visit.
I still haven't had any morning sickness, I had a spell of light headedness/nausea for two days this week, but wasn't sure what that was since my boss had similar symptoms. I guess it was Barry :) (which is what my mom calls he/she).
So to celebrate being at the end of the first trimester and hearing the heartbeat, I went to the mall (mostly because I can walk around) and browsed the maternity sections. I did buy a few things, but I have decided that when I am ready I can try the regular section for shirts. For some reason clothing companies decided that when women get pregnant they lose their sense of style and start wearing goofy crap. I apologize to my mom because I am sure the options have come along way since she was pregnant with me.
I am using the bella band, but can still wear most of my jeans because of the low rise. My work pants are another story since they sit higher, I am going to have to switch over pretty soon. I have told quite a few people at my job and some have said they thought I was looking a little thicker around the middle (real nice, I know). I didn't really want to start wearing maternity since it would be pretty obvious at work, but I don't care anymore. I also feel silly shopping since i just have a little pooch.

I think I will have Tim take a belly picture (possibly) so that may be my next post.
Alrighty, I have rambled enough now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Honey,

    I didn't even know you were blogging until I got an email notice! This is so great as it allows me to hear what's happening with you and our grandbaby. Very cool! Dad and I are so excited, we can't wait to find out the sex...then we get to start shopping! LOL ;-))

    Tim has been keeping Dad and I posted on how you are feeling and lucky you...no morning sickness; he said the other day that a little tummy pooch is starting! We are so happy and excited! Dad and I think of you everyday and are always saying big prayers for all of you!

    We love you.
    Chat soon...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry?? Oh Jean! Your mom must love the blog. We want a belly pic! Take care!

    ReplyDelete