Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dutch Baby and the NG

Today I made my little one a family favorite breakfast meal, the dutch baby. Okay, yes it was more for me than him- but his little fluttering after makes me think it will be a favorite of his when he is older.
Tim had an ODJ (off duty job) down the road this morning and then works at 2, so I have the whole day to myself. Blah. So I started off making a very healthy breakfast (sarcasm) and now I am going to walk the puppies, do a little wii fit before Tim gets home for lunch. Oh, I also did a little cleaning. Then of course is the Alabama vs LSU football game. ROLL TIDE!
Tomorrow Tim works another ODJ at Moss Rock Festival, so I think that i am going to head over there and walk around - don't think there will be any temptation to buy anything. But at least I will be able to see my honey and maybe have lunch with him.

There is also another change in our lives, Tim has joined the Alabama National Guard. Not sure if people knew that when Tim finished college he wanted to go back into the Army full time. But, the more he thought about it (we had plenty of time because of a worthless recruiter) the more he realized that I would never be able to have a career with moving all the time, and lots of other things wouldn't be a possibility. So as a compromise he joined the NG to still have a career and get to serve his country. He hasn't had his first drill yet. In the NG they do one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer. There is a lot of police officers that are also in the NG or the reserves so he definitely isn't the only one at his department. He will be going OCS (officer candidate school) but won't find out when until later, and then he will find out what his job will be. It has been 4 years since Tim was out of the Army (just had his 4th anniversary of that) and even though I learned the speed version of the Army in that year, I still don't know anything. So it will be a new experience for sure, but I am happy for him because this is truly what he loves to do - even though he only will be doing it part time. So now I will be a police officers wife, an army wife (well NG wife), and a soon to be mama. That's a lot of titles! But proud to be every single one of them :)

Have a great weekend, and don't forget Wednesday isn't just a day off of work- It's Veteran's Day, please show your support- No matter what your political views are. Thank a vet.

3 comments:

  1. We are very proud of Tim and proud of you for supporting him.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...what's a dutch baby? And better yet...what's the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm super late on this but I have to let you know that I LOVE dutch babies!!! They're also delicious with jam. Yum!!!!

    And what are the parentheses for??

    ReplyDelete