Friday, March 26, 2010

5 weeks old

Today TJ is 5 weeks old!! He is getting soooo big! Right now he is in the swing, I am cooking dinner and blogging. Can you say multi-tasking? Well I guess TJ being in the swing in the kitchen with me isn't really me doing anything, but oh well.

So I was at Target today and was thinking about things to buy- I swear half my paycheck goes there... it's the devil- and realized I had already started to have favorites of things at only 5 weeks. I am sure things will change but right now here is my list:

-Johnson & Johnson's Baby lotion (the pink kind)- I had bought J&J's unscented because Tim has pretty sensitive skin, well it actually smells like nasty cinammon (not in the good christmasy way) so today I used the pink kind and now I know why it is so popular, he smells good and I can't stop touching his soft legs!! Only day one and I love it!
-J&J nighttime baby wash
-hand me down clothes- THANKS MELISSA!!!
-my mom's burp cloths, so soft and very cute!
-Pampers Swaddlers- Huggies just don't fit him right.
-Tiddliwinks super soft blankets- Tim bought one that says "Little Punk" with a skull head on it :) we actually use it the most because it is so super soft and cozy.
-Video monitor- makes me so at easewhile Tim is working and I want to take a shower. (got the brand Summer),
-and of course Mylecon
Thats all I can think of right now...

This experience has been so great, I can't even believe that in just a little over a month of having TJ in our lives he has brought so much more joy to our family. Our lives have completely changed, but in a great way. I am just so excited to watch him grow and become a man. I also didn't expect that my feelings for Tim could become even greater than before. Now instead of a best friend and love of my life, he is also the father of my child. Watching him care for TJ is such a beautiful sight. He has also been so understanding and supportive with regards to everything that I have gone through (which he always has been).

What else??? I am so excited about all of the 2010 babies!!! I am going to have a niece in May, Rosario and Eric, Melinda and Ryan, and a good friend here just found out she is pregnant! YAY for 2010 babies! I feel like I am leaving someone out... hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a sweet smelling soft baby...well maybe watching your husband with the sweet smelling baby, it is amazing how much we are able to love, and how it grows....
    My boys always leaked in Huggies, also Pampers seem softer to me........you have a great fav list.... (so understand the Target thing all too well)

    Yay for Melinda and Ryan!!!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to google myelcon :) Who knew? :) I'm so happy that TJ is home, happy and hanging out in his swing in the kitchen with mom. What could be sweeter. Thanks again for sharing your joy with us Kerri.
    Love, Aunt Nan

    ReplyDelete