Friday, December 4, 2009

Sad day in the Birmingham area

This morning a police officer was killed from a neighboring city to Hoover (where we live and Tim works). It was a routine traffic stop where the person killed the officer in cold blood. He later turned himself in after a very large search that included all the police agencies nearby. Tim was called in after just returning from his shift to go to Pelham to assist the city if they had any calls. It was a crazy night, but I can't even imagine what his wife (and two young children) are going through. I could not believe that in such a short time frame the cities, the counties, the state, and the federal level could pull together such an effective search and investigation... it was amazing. I just am at a loss for words right now.
Please put Officer Davis and his family in your thoughts, prayers and heart.

1 comment:

  1. Such a tragedy, seems like there are quite a few happening lately ..........

    ReplyDelete